In 10 years of delivering flowers to wedding venues all over Washington State, Thornewood Castle has never once budged from the top of my “Favorite Wedding Venues” list. Here are the “Top 10” reasons why:
- It’s a 500 year old castle. I mean really – the real deal…
- The original owner brought the castle from England brick by brick – they numbered each brick as they took it apart, then re-assembled it
- Stephanie & LeeAnn are the absolute best. They are super involved and caring, and work so hard to make every wedding at Thornewood Castle the absolute best.
- Sunsets on the water (yes, it’s a waterfront property – this just keeps getting better…)
- Weddings in the secret garden are beyond dreamy. I love walking through the hollyhocks, over the ancient cobblestones – sigh
- 15th century stained glass – swoon
- Getting married in front of that massive fireplace
- The beautiful brick loggia – I’m giddy…
- The staircase of 500 year old English oak – I die
- The fact that it’s fabulous 12 months out of the year. You can get married here year round and know that whatever the weather is doing, your wedding will be fantastic.
If you are getting married at Thornewood Castle, please please please, call me. That is all.
Hope you enjoy this pro video of Christy & Jerry’s fairytale Thornewood Castle Wedding by Rae Media. I think maybe half of the views on the counter are mine – just love re-living this gorgeous wedding over & over. One of my alltime favorite couples.
So thrilled to see these Pro Photos from Alex England Photography! I have so many “mental snapshots” from this wedding. My favorite is the moment when Christy was framed by the ancient door to the secret garden, waiting to walk down the aisle. As she stepped out onto the 500 year old brick path, a…
It’s always so exciting to receive professional photos of one of my weddings. So fun to revisit the gorgeous day through these photos from Amanda Howse Photography!
“The flowers make the wedding” she said… “Without fabulous flowers, it’s just another party.” “It’s the flowers that set it apart as a special, magical day.” I couldn’t have said it better myself. And as soon as I sat down with Christy & Jerry I knew we were a perfect fit. She ADORES flowers. He is…
So I admit it. I have a problem. A peony problem. I’m obsessed with them. When peony season is over I grieve. And do my best to get them from Alaska, Chile, New Zealand, Australia or wherever possible. So when Hannah said her favorite flower was the peony, and she was getting married in May,…